Middlesex, London: The Edison Swan Electric Co. Limited, 1926. Hardcover (23 x 14.7cm); collection of stapled catalogues gathered together in purpose built company folder; pp. pagination by section as follows: The Lamps Catalogue (30, 2), The Silk Shade Catalogue "Ediswan" (32),The Unit Lighting Catalogue (36, 1), The Heating and Cooking Catalogue (20), The Catalogue of Instruments and Meters (42, 2), The Catalogue of Batteries, Dry & Fluid Cells (20) , The Catalogue of Electrical Accessories (47, 1), The Wireless Catalogue (87, 1), The Catalogue of Accumulators for House Lighting (16), The D.C. Motor Catalogue (48), The Induction Motor Catalogue (27, 1); each catalogue with different coloured wraps gathered together in a red folder with gilt lettering and the company monogram on the top board and monogram on the spine. Thecatalogues are collected together into a Strap post binder with celluloid straps passing behind the upper and lower staples of each catalogue. These are fastened at the front with small metal clips that lift to release the contents.
Head and foot of the spine are bruised and tender, corners lightly abraded; the upper wrap of The Lamps Catalogue has a spray of small brown marks near the spine and two indentations where the fasteners have pressed against it; the other wraps are clean but slightly toned at the edges; the catalogue contents are clean and bright throughout. The celluloid strips are a little worn where they bend to pass under the clips. Very good. Item #1345
The Edison Swan Electric Company was formed following the merger of Thomas Edison's 'Edison Electric Light Company' and Joseph Swan's 'Swan United Electric Light Company.' Edison's company initially sued Swan's, claiming that Swan's lightbulbs infringed on Edison's patent. As Swan could demonstrate prior research and the two companies wished to avoid a costly legal battle, the two companies merged in 1883. This catalogue was presumably published some time into their partnership given the number of products listed for sale.