Monday, May 16, 2022 - Thursday, Jun 30, 2022
Applications are now open for the 2022 Archives Fine Book Collecting Prize for young collectors of the Greater Brisbane region.
Prize value $1000
- $300 Cash;
- $250 Book Voucher to spend with any ANZAAB member;
- $250 Book Voucher to spend with Archives Fine Books;
- One year Membership in BSANZ and BCSA;
- A return flight to 2022 Sydney Rare Book Fair.
How to apply:
WRITE AN ESSAY ϴ CREATE A BIBLIOGRAPHY ϴ TELL US YOUR WISH LIST
1. Please fill in your details as required on the cover page (download here).
2. Please attach your essay (1500 words maximum) describing the purpose, history, and ultimate ambition of the collection. Here are some questions that might help you get started:
- What inspired you to begin collecting?
- How has your focus developed over time?
- What are the most interesting or surprising books in the collection to date?
- Which were you most excited to find?
- How do the items in your collection speak to each other?
3. Please also attach a bibliographic list of at least 10, but no more than 30 items in the collection arranged by author, date, or another principle of your choice. Each entry should include, at minimum, the following information: author, title, place of publication, publisher, date, and a brief physical description.
4. Finally tell us the three books you would most like to add to your collection, explaining your reasoning (600 words maximum).
NB. This is a blind judging process. Please ensure that the cover page is the only place your name appears. Use your essay title on the header/footer of your essay, bibliography and wish list to identify them as yours.
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO firstname.lastname@example.org
BY 5PM JUNE 24, 2022
Terms and Conditions.
- Applicants must be 35 years or younger at January 1, 2022;
- Applicants must reside within the Greater Brisbane Area: Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan, Moreton Bay, Redland City;
- The winning applicant must be available to travel to the Sydney Rare Book Fair in 2022 (currently scheduled for late October);
- The winner agrees to be profiled together with the winning essay on the Archives Fine Books website and Social Media; to participate in three promotional events during their tenure; and to publicly acknowledge Archives Fine Books in any other promotional activities undertaken as the prize recipient.